Sure you can plan out your getaway, cruise, tour and “me” time. But, until they are grown up you are always on “duty”. So, in order to stay sane and truly enjoy parenting you must work on how to have a “life” along the way. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Always take time for yourself
2. Commit to doing (1) major thing for yourself weekly
3. Figure out how to get away without running away
4. Be honest with yourself when you are feeling overwhelmed. Accept help!
5. Don’t just try to be a great parent… work on being a great person
Sometimes it’s not a vacation we need as much as it’s a life adjustment!